Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: BBYBilly: When will NES Classic be available to pre order?

Hey @kerenchandran,

Our team is still working out putting all the details in place for its release. Smiley Happy They've promised me as soon as everything is confirmed they'll fill me in so I can share it here with you Smiley Happy

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Scout
0 Kudos

would love to get notified too!!

Luminary
0 Kudos

Hey @BBYBilly,

Do you have any new details about the pre-order? Really excited and don't want to miss out! Especially since Japan announced they're getting the Family Computer Mini!!!

Legendary Luminary

As far as I know they Nintendo hasn't provided any retailers or even their open website as to the NES classic Smiley Sad The hopes is they will say something or provide further details as well pricing in the region.  As Billy has said when details do come up I'm positive he will enlighten us with his mass amounts of knowledge!

Thanks

Joshua B

The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

word on the street is certain competitors (whom sell video games exclusively) won't be having pre-orders for the NES Classic and it'll be first come, first served at their store locations November 11th.. (thats a scary thought)

The system is supposed to be out in a month and still nadda about availability or pre-ordering from most if not all the retailers.... I'm not blaming the retailers, I'm blaming Nintendo .. they are soo disillusioned dealing with the fanbase. If all this 'silence' about the NX and getting pre-orders for the NES Classic are to 'build hype' .. it isn't working and people like me are fed up.

Silence means to me that Nintendo doesn't have confidence in their product (mainly the NX) but the lack of pre-orders or info on the release of the NES Classic is disheartening as that system is 100% geared toward MY generation... people who had an NES growing up and continued to stick with Nintendo (for the most part) when X-Box and Playstation were 'killing it'.

That's my rant.. sorry, this post was mostly to pass along what I heard about competitors not taking pre-orders... hope Best Buy Canada actually does some pre-orders for the NES Classic Edition .... thats my concern now.... (my fingers are still crossed BB!! Bring us good news!!!!)

Scout
0 Kudos

If that is the case im screwed, I leave for a vacation the day before it releases.

The Captain
0 Kudos

PLEASE HAVE A 12AM OPENING FOR THE NES CLASSIC LIKE YOU USED TO DO FOR THE CALL OF DUTY GAMES!!!!
Community Manager

Hey @ErnieMacDonald

That would be a lot of fun if we were able to do that!! 

I'm still waiting to hear from our gaming to team, who is working to confirm release details with Nintendo, about what its release might look like. Details will of course be shared here. Smiley Happy

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

What I just don't understand is why the controlers are up for preorder but not the console??
This is a DAY ONE purchase. I've bee waiting forever to replay my Zelda 1&2 on a big screen!
Luminary
0 Kudos

Drum18 wrote:
What I just don't understand is why the controlers are up for preorder but not the console??
This is a DAY ONE purchase. I've bee waiting forever to replay my Zelda 1&2 on a big screen!

You're looking at a third party accessoires.  BB Canada has not posted any items from Nintendo concerning the NES classic mini.