Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Destiny 2

I'm pretty certain the beta codes are emailed out.

If you qualify, the codes are sent out on a weekly basis. Depending on when you pre-order, you might end up waiting a few days.

Hypothetically speaking, for example, if you ordered on a Thursday, then it would be likely that you were included in a batch of codes that were sent out on the Friday after the Thursday you made your purchase. However, if you ordered on a Saturday, you would most likely have been included in the batch that gets sent out the following Friday.

Please give customer service a call at 1-866-237-8289. You will need to have your order info handy if you call them. Thanks.

You can also refer to the info on the Destiny 2 product page, underneath where the price is indicated.

A code will be emailed to you within 7 working days of preorder. Beta platform availability and launch date(s) TBD. See destinythegame.com/beta for details. Limited time only, while beta codes last. Internet connection required. May require subscription for applicable platform, sold separately.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. With the exception of announcements that I'm instructed to post, the majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Destiny 2 Pre-order

When do Destiny 2 beta codes get released if pre-orderd?

Pioneer
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Is the beta keys only available for online orders? I ordered in store and hoping to receive a key?

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Typically the Beta key bonus is for online pre-orders only and you will receive it to your email address

this is from the product page 

ONLINE ONLY. Pre-order Destiny 2 and be one of the first to play the game with Early Beta Access

A code will be emailed to you within 7 working days of preorder. Early access starts on July 18th for PS4, July 19th for Xbox One. See destinythegame.com/beta for details. Limited time only, while beta codes last. Internet connection required. May require subscription for applicable platform, sold separately.

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Community Manager
0 Kudos

selbeep wrote:

Is the beta keys only available for online orders? I ordered in store and hoping to receive a key?

If you pre-ordered in-store, and you provided your email address, you should be receiving a code.

Batches of codes are sent out regularly; you will not receive your code instantaneously after a purchase. In a post above, there is an explanation of the frequency of when codes are sent out. People who ordered over a weekend will have to wait several days to receive their codes. Be sure to check your junkmail, just in case. If you ordered in-store but did not leave an email address, please give customer service a call regarding your order. If you still have not received a code by next week, please give customer service a call for further assistance. You can reach them at 1-866-237-8289.

Thanks.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. With the exception of announcements that I'm instructed to post, the majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Bungie indicates the beta date ends July 23 [5 days duration] It may get extended as Destiny 1 was?

I am hoping for the code with in 24 hours of beta release. If I receive nothing in an email by then I will check with **competitor** and verify if they have codes. Beta is released today and I do not want to miss the opportunity just because I ordered the physical game and did not preorder digitally.

Pioneer
0 Kudos

No luck with beta codes in email and now have public access to beta anyway. Missed out on the pre-order beta window but was able to download and play beta yesterday. 

Pioneer
0 Kudos

I have pre-ordered the physical edition. Bungie has indicated there is an exotic  "cold heart Fusion rifle" with pre-orders. How do I receive this with my pre-order?

Community Manager
0 Kudos

I do not play this game myself, so I am unsure how to redeem this bonus, and I do not know what this bonus is. Perhaps someone on the forum who plays this game can provide their insight. 

Regarding pre-orders from Best Buy Canada and receiving codes:

If you pre-ordered online, you will get an email with the code and redemption instructions within 48 hours of the game's launch. If you pre-ordered in-store, as long as you provided your email address, then the same applies.

If you pre-ordered in-store and did not give your email, I would advise you to return to the store and cancel the existing pre-order, then order again with your email attached.

If you were expecting a code, and you've waited a while and still have not received your code, please call customer service so they can look into that for you. 1-866-237-8289

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

The Captain
0 Kudos

@selbeep My understanding is that the physical editions will include an insert in the case which will provide the redemption codes for the exotic. Therefore not something best buy would send out in addition as it already comes packaged within the game box.