Scout
0 Kudos

Error Message When Checking Switch Order Status

I went to check my Order Status this morning for the Nintendo Switch I pre-ordered, but when I click on it an error (0141) shows up. I phoned Customer Service and they said my order was still showing on their system. I asked if this was just a website issue, as I would like to check the Order Status when a tracking number becomes available for shipment. Unfortunately, I think that the influx of phone calls day and night on when the Switch will become available had my customer service person in a bit of a loop, because she told me the Tracking Number would show up on the Order Status page, without addressing my problem that I couldn't access the Order Status page.

Could someone please contact me or look into this? I haven't received any e-mails from Best Buy to tell me that something is wrong with my order, but I also don't know what is going on with it because of the Order Status error.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Error Message When Checking Switch Order Status

You need to take this up with CS.  This forum is not to resolve customer issues but for peer-to-peer advice.

My advice is to call CS.

The Captain
0 Kudos

This is them doing Damage Control.....The majority of customers who ordered the Switch will be waiting days and day, unless you are in Toronto or Vancouver...

Best Buy does not want you to go to your "Orders" page and then click your Switch console tracking number and see it's scheduled for next week and it's still half way across the Country...

I am guessing a Manager just said "Pull the plug on the Product ordered page" and keep customers in the dark, so they don't cancel their orders....which is what I did last night and picked up a Switch at midnight....2 hours of my time VS. all this worry and uncertainty and the fact you probably won't be playing this weekend.... lol

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

So why are you not playing your new Switch, but instead choosing to gripe about others not getting theirs in a public forum with absolutely no facts and using pure conjecture?

Surely, some people enjoy posting mad arguments to 'stick it to the man' under an anonymous pseudonym and with zero consequences more than playing the very console they were trying to get in the first place.

I think there are a ton of people who come out of the woodwork and for three weeks around the launch, post 10 times a day demanding personal attention, and when they don't get it, they will rant that they will never shop at Best Buy again and then disappear until the next launch where they will surely be back.

Highlighted
Scout
0 Kudos

Strangely, the Order Status came back from about 10:30 to 1:30 to show that my credit card had been charged, and now it has gone back to showing an error message. Not sure what the deal is. I haven't received an e-mail with my tracking number, and I thought that once my card is charged that is the hand-off to Canada Post.