Luminary
0 Kudos

Mario Odyssey ?

Just noticed the price jumped from $79.99 to $99.99. Wasn't going to pre-order this until I was sure I could afford it but now there's no chance I can. Why did the price go up?

Highlighted
Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: Mario Odyssey ?

Prices change for various reasons all the time, its just the nature of prices.  People who pre order early tend to do it because you are sometimes locking in a lower price

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

I saw that it went up other places as well... Very curious what's driving the msrp up. Maybe we have to wait until E3 to find out?

photo signature-member_zps0ovpnde8.jpg

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

The Oracle
0 Kudos

It's still listed $59.99 in the US
Luminary
0 Kudos

I've seen it listed at the $99.99 as a "placeholder price" somewhere, so it's probably that there's a fear the Canadian dollar will fall and prices will have to rise (even more) to make up for it. If I recall correctly, the Breath of the Wild Special Edition was also listed at a slightly higher price before release, and a couple of other games from Nintendo last year, but then decreased close to the release date.

This is starting to get a little out of hand though if prices go up to $100 per game because it's just going to make gaming completely unaffordable in Canada for most people. We've already seen a $20 jump in the prices of most new games over the past few years, and even with E3 or other discounts, they're still pretty expensive. Collector's editions are just getting nuts now too, which might be why we see some collector's editions listed as not coming with the game itself to keep the price looking more reasonable.