Luminary
0 Kudos

NES Classic Order Cancelled By Best Buy

Just received the email.

"Due to circumstances beyond our control".

Gave me a $10 e-certificate as a mea culpa. I would hope it has no expiry date.

Anybody else in my boat?

Any insight to this @BBYTerence?

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: NES Classic Order Cancelled By Best Buy

[ Edited ]

Hi @Cyberpik.

Sorry to hear that your order was cancelled. I don't have any more info in addition to the email communication. I was told that due to circumstances outside of Best Buy Canada's control, the product is no longer available and Best Buy Canada was forced to cancel some orders. It sounds like yours was one of those orders, unfortunately. 

Regarding the e-cert, if there were an expiration date, it would be indicated on the email.

Our Charge Up & Play Contest for 2017 is happening now! Enter for a chance to win Best Buy gift cards.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Luminary

Although I would have much preferred a different outcome, I do thank you for your prompt response @BBYTerence!

It's unfortunate this has happened and I hope that anybody who got multiple orders were cancelled first.

The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

mine was cancelled also and it sucks...really wanted one. 

would have been my first one. 

The Captain
0 Kudos

@BBYTerence do we know what happened? what criteria was used to cancel the orders? 

my order had a time stamp of 28 April 2017, 12:00:38

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi @fireplague.

Sorry to hear about your order. I don't have access to order information though. If you would like to know about your specific order, please give the customer service department a call, and they will be the ones to provide further assistance.

Our Charge Up & Play Contest for 2017 is happening now! Enter for a chance to win Best Buy gift cards.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Luminary
0 Kudos

@fireplague my timestamp is four seconds behind yours so if that's the measure, I'm definitely out of luck.

Highlighted
The Captain
0 Kudos

@Cyberpik if you haven't gotten the email yet then you are good. I guess they randomly just selected some people and cancelled. I just hope people who already had one were th ones who lost out rather than those getting first one.