Legendary Oracle

Re: Nintendo Switch Pre-order information

@Dlov

To start, let me just say that what I'm about to say is my own opinion. I do not work for BestBuy. 

First, I'm not really sure which competitor you are talking about but if it's the one I think, then please keep in mind that selling video games is all they do... nothing else. There's a major difference in the approach of a company that only sells video game and another company like BestBuy that do a lot more than sell video games and may not be able to afford changing the entire system only because some people are not able to wait 2-3 days to play a simple game.... This "A new product comes out and I simply can't wait...." is a reality that is rarely seen with refrigerators, TVs or Printers... 

Second, and again, because BestBuy don't only sell video games, bringing the "in Store pickup" options changes a lot the way they have to handle shipping and logistics. When the truck comes in, they would have some stocks for the ones that were able to reserve in store, some stocks for the one that reserved online and some left overs for the ones that want to be there on the release day and hope to grab one. I'm not saying it's impossible, just saying it might not be compatible with their current ways of doing business. 

And finally, remember that all of this ONLY so you can get a game or system on release day... and not wait a couple of days. Remember that even that particular competitor CANNOT guarantee that you will get your stuff on release day. Lucky you if it always happen but they still don't control the weather or the shipping companies. We're not talking about a perishable product or something that only lasts a week here... waiting IS permitted. 

Luminary
0 Kudos

The Switch will be available for preorder today around 12pm PST/3pm EST on BB. Good luck everyone!

Scout
0 Kudos

Will this new batch still ship for the 3rd? I've already got a grey one on order but I want to try to switch to red/blue if I can.

Legendary Oracle

@SteveFlood There is no indication that it would be shipped later than March 3rd... I think it's just another batch of pre-orders made available following the increase of production by Nintendo. 

Scout
0 Kudos

awesome thanks
Community Manager

Hello, Gamers!

We will have a limited quantity of grey Nintendo Switch units available for online pre-order today at approximately noon PST.

Pre-order while quantities last.

Our Charge Up & Play Contest for 2017 is happening now! Enter for a chance to win Best Buy gift cards.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Epic Genius

And pre-ordered Smiley Happy

Thanks @BBYTerence

Legendary Epic Genius

Good stuff, now I can cancel my competitor p/o Smiley Very Happy

photo signature-member_zps0ovpnde8.jpg

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

it says its available for pre order and when i go to the next page says its sold out, sold out in a minute or two already? geez

Luminary
0 Kudos

It's a shame that only the grey one was available. I was hoping to grab one of each since I planned to trade one for Zelda SE + cash so that I could surprise a friend that missed out on Zelda.

Oh well. Might still do it anyway. Can't beat making a friend happy and making money at the same time.