The Captain
0 Kudos

Overwatch Release One Day Early - Victoria Day

With the official overwatch release coming on May 23rd at 7pm EST, preorders for the game shipping in time look a bit slim, especially with Monday being a holiday.

My question is: 

Would Best Buy stores that are open on the Monday Victoria Day (May 23) be selling it on that day? Or are you guys still sticking to the May 24th as the Official release

Community Manager

Re: Overwatch Release One Day Early - Victoria Day

[ Edited ]

Hey @akikun,

Great question, I can imagine everyone is pretty excited for the release of Overwatch. 

EDIT: We will have Overwatch available on Monday in stores. Servers won't go live until 4pm PST Monday however.  

Thank you for asking! Have a great long weekend. Smiley Happy

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Luminary
0 Kudos

Pretty sure the only stores that will be open are in NB NS NL Smiley Sad

The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The bumped up release date is undoubtedly due to the huge outcry of people clamoring for Blizzard to just release the game already after the massively successful open beta recently. In which It was pretty clear that the game (to me at least) was in a fully finished state that you'd be hard pressed to find any issue with and is exactly the same thing we would be playing on launch day. So the two week wait between the beta and launch almost seems unfair because of that.

Guess im kinda going off track there.

But what Im really here to say though is that the launch day of this game has lined up pretty badly for Canada. Victoria day is on monday making it a long weekend, alot of stores will be closed, best buy included. However canada post will be aswell and because they don't operate on weekends nor holidays, my online pre-order aswell as everyone elses won't be shipping until tuesday the next day and won't arrive until wednesday the day after. Two entire days after overwatch's release date. Smiley Sad

Of course all of this could have been easily avoided had I pre-ordered the game digitally but because I prefer to own hard copies of my games I feel like im getting shafted. Sometimes I really hate the digital age of gaming.

The Captain
0 Kudos

Yeah. sucks that the release is a day early and Monday is Victoria day for us.

Definitely wouldve been awesome if we got the game early, since regardless we wouldn't have been able to play until the servers are online,

Highlighted
The Captain

Yay, looks like Best Buy has shipped my physical copy today (Friday, May 20th) and supposedly Canada Post has picked up the package already!

Seems I'll likely receive it on Tuesday as promised!

I was worried that delivery would be delayed til Wednesday due to Victoria Day.

The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Ignore this post

Legendary Oracle

Hi there @yippy_13 Smiley Happy

Best Buy is open 364 days of the year for your shopping convenience, we only close on Christmas day, however we still answer the Customer Service phones 365 days a year. Smiley Wink

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg