Legendary Epic Genius

Re: Playstation VR Is Coming Soon!

To be quite honest, I think like many other things this will be a niche product.  It will go through its initial fad where it sells a lot and then will slowly die off and move into obscurity except for the small minority who actually will make use of this (3D TVs and Google Glass anyone?).

In my experience, most people just don't want to look dumb while using technology, even if it gives an awesome experience.  When people have to put something weird on their head, they tend to shy away from it.  Don't get me wrong, there are absolutely awesome applications for the technology - look at @Elico47's post above to see that.  I just don't see it taking off in a major kind of way with any kind of staying power.

Heck, if Apple can't even sell a watch effectively, what hope do VR headsets have? Smiley Wink

JB

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Noi
Pioneer

Anything yet?!? People are becoming violent lol
Community Manager

Hey @Noi,

Unfortunately, I haven't been told anything just yet. As soon as our team locks in all the details I'll make sure to let you know Smiley Happy

Have you tried VR yet? 

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Noi
Pioneer

@BBYBilly
The wait is making people a little antsy lol. Thanks for the response. I really don't want to miss out on this one. I've only tried a bit of gear VR and I thought that was nice. I hear this is next level stuff. 😭😭😭
Pioneer

I had the opportunity to demo the PS VR at fanfest this summer - it was amazing - and as screen resolutions continue to increase VR will only continue to improve.  My PS camera and ps3 move controllers are sitting here waiting - let's preorder already! 

The Captain
0 Kudos

Sony just announced pre orders start march 22 but only for the launch bundle which includes 2 move controllers and camera for 699. They said no pre orders for the basic bundle, meaning if you already have the camera or move controllers your out of luck. Sony definately trying to maximize the launch profits with this move.

The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

If I buy it... Then I can't afford the nx. Eh, I'll just get the nx. The vr is the cost of a console, I'm sure there will be better bundles available here and there

Oh and steams own vr is about 1300$ Canadian, insane!

The Captain
0 Kudos

So will pre-orders be up at 7am pacific time tomorrow?
Highlighted
Community Manager
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

vr.jpg

Hey everyone,

The Playstation VR pre-order bundle has sold out. As soon as we have any info on any further releases, we'll make sure to post details here.  Smiley Happy Congratulations to everyone who ordered a bundle today, we can't wait to hear how you like it! 

For more info, click HERE

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Yikes!!!! that price tag is super rough optics, no chance BB is mulling over a $529 headset without bundle?