Luminary
0 Kudos

Shipping Delays/out of stock when in stock?

@BBYTerence  I noticed an odd issue that started with the Friday October 6 releases.  I had pre-ordered Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions (3DS) (Web Code: 10739725) back in June of this year.  Currently the website is showing that the game is in stock.  My order page is showing that it is out of stock, I have not been charged but, a shipping ID was created.  No shipment has been sent.

I also noticed this same issue with the amiibo's released on October 6.  My  Super Mario Goomba amiibo (Web Code: 11580212) shipped and my Super Mario Koopa Troopa amiibo (Web Code: 11580213) is showing out of stock but, a shipping ID has been created.  I noticed both items going in and out of stock over the long weekend but, my status never changed. 

I thought there might have just been a delay because of the thanksgiving long weekend.  Except now I noticed that Tiny Barbarian DX (Switch)  (Web Code: 11264450) which is due to release October 11, 2017 is also showing out of stock in my order even though it is available on the website.  A Shipping ID has been created but no charge and no shipment.

I have never experienced this with you guys before.  Has anyone else come across this problem recently?  Is there something going on at your distribution centre?  Either that or there seems to be a problem with the website where it is not correctly recognizing stock.  If you can pass this along to the appropriate department or have any insight t would be greatly appreciated.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Shipping Delays/out of stock when in stock?

Hi @MadDogMcCree

Not sure what the delay is (haven't heard of anything that would cause that) - I would recommend reaching out to Customer Service at 1-866-237-8289 as we don't have access to your account information to check on this. 

Best,

BBYLaura
Community Manager
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Highlighted
Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Hey @BBYLaura

it's been a while Smiley Wink

I know there's probably not much you can do yourself but do you think it would be possible to escalate internally? I'm facing the EXACT same problems than @MadDogMcCree

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga was pre-ordered during E3, it's currently in stock and was released last friday and still hasn't shipped. 

Goomba amiibo was pre-ordered and has shipped but Koopa Amiibo, which was pre-ordered in the same order still hasn't shipped. 

I will be calling Customer Support with this but I get the feeling that a LOT of other people might be facing the same issue and that it could be a good idea to be proactive.. 

Pioneer
0 Kudos

I pre oredered Evil Within 2 June 13th. Today on the day it should have arrived my order status indicates out of stock. I called customer service and all they said was I have to wait longer as stock comes in in bunches and the games are sent out when they arrive. How can you not end up in the first bunch when you pre order a game 4-5 months earlier. You should not oversell preorders if you are not going to be able to fill them on release date. Thats the point of a preorder. Only advice I have seen here is to contact customer service. I can tell you from my experience this morning they are of no help at all.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Our shipping & inventory team is looking into this - as soon as I get an update I will let you know!

Cheers,

BBYLaura
Community Manager
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I would also like to add that I experienced the exact same thing as the original poster.

I preordered Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga during the E3 promo and when it was released on October 6th, my order status said the item was out of stock despite the item's webpage showing it "in-stock" and available to be ordered.  The game didn't ship for me until one week later on October 12th.

The same thing with my Koopa amiibo.  Item status on my order said "out of stock" but it was showing in-stock on the item's page.  It didn't ship until the 11th.  My Goomba amiibo shipped on the 6th desipte the Goomba and Koopa having the same release date.

I emailed customer support with all these details and just got a reply that didn't even address the issue that it was actually "in-stock" on the item's page:

"We apologize for the delay with your order. Sometimes if multiple people are ordering an item at the same time, it can cause inventory to be depleted after checkout has been completed. If we receive more stock within the next 7 days, we will ship the item out to you as soon as it is available. If it is not, someone from the inventory team will be in touch with you via e-mail."