Highlighted
The Oracle

Re: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) Classic

They already went live @Mathias60 except the Online only store who never put up preorders
Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Preorders went live several days ago in US and Canada and were all gone within minutes. Like leprekon said, only one supplier is left and wouldn't be surprised if this delay would be related to the fact that it cannot be sold in Quebec.
The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

YannickG wrote:
Preorders went live several days ago in US and Canada and were all gone within minutes. Like leprekon said, only one supplier is left and wouldn't be surprised if this delay would be related to the fact that it cannot be sold in Quebec.

The supplier sells English versions of software and ships them to Quebec, so the 101 law likely doesn't apply to them.

The Captain
0 Kudos

Mathias60 wrote:

With august finishing tonight, I wonder why Nintendo told us that preorder would go live by the end of this month?! Seems like a supply problem...

have you been living under a Rock?Smiley Very Happy

The Captain
0 Kudos

have you been living under a Rock?Smiley Very Happy

Pretty sure he's trolling us lol...

The product page is back up though and doesn't redirect anymore so hopefully that's a sign they're getting ready to make that little "add to cart" button active again. 

The Captain
0 Kudos

Sorry if this has already been asked but can we actually expect there to be in-store stock on the morning of release day or do we need to be worried about:

1) Employees reserving/buying

2) In-store stock being sold out due to customers reserving for in-store pick up?

The Captain
0 Kudos

This is an excellent question. Last year, there were 30 tickets available at my location which is in line with reported store stock elsewhere. I don't think there were store pick-up reservations at the time, but that could indeed turn ugly... 80 people in line waiting for hours and someone having to go out there saying there is NO stock available? 

The Captain
0 Kudos

I cant really say that much since last i heard Details on the release were still being figured out but if i had to guess it will probably be like the nes Classics release and the Switch Release

In Store reservations will be Turned off for that item, And Tickets handed out to the line before we open (thats if i had to guess.. Wont know for Sure untill release day)

If i may offer Advice on the Release for the SNES classic if you try to get one on release day... You will probably want to be at the store Early, We had people outside of the store i am at when i got there at 6 AM.. some i think were there pretty much overnight

The Captain
0 Kudos

The store near my house only had 10 of the nes classic and people had lined up a couple hours before. At least the good thing is they gave tickets to the 10 and then were telling all others that they don't have stock. So you didn't have to waste time
Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Last year at my local store, I arrived at 9h00 (store opens at 10h00) and they already gave the coupon starting at 7h00 am. There's a Big Walley store just next door so people who didn't get their coupon there switched to BBY.

Do I have to say how angry other people with me were knowing that the store gave coupon without any warning...