The Captain
0 Kudos

Re: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) Classic

Same as 2 different bby near my house. Sucks but now I know to come at least a couple hours before or more depending on stock.
The Captain
0 Kudos

Coupons or not, the fact that there are more people there at 7am than units available means that the people showing up at 9 won't get one either way

The Captain
0 Kudos

Same at my location. The Wallyworld opened hours before Best Buy, people came from there, but they were way back in line. Tickets came around 9:00 with the store opening at 10:00. Only 30 so also people that came straight to the BB were turned down. 

NOTE: this is clearly not BB's but Nintendo's fault for underestimating the demand for the NESC (that excuse does not apply to the SNESC... they knew.)

The Captain
0 Kudos

Definitely get there early even night before. Around me both retailers I know gave out their tickets before 6am for the NES classic. If you want the SNES gotta get there early.
The Captain
0 Kudos

What really sucks is that I had the nes bought online and done but then a week later bby sent email saying it was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. And after that never was able to get it. Will be more vigilant this time around.
The Captain
0 Kudos

I hope Nintendo America follows this as well. Would love to have a nes classic.
Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Considering the NES Classic is the same in both regions, I wouldnt dee any reason for it not to happen in America.
Luminary
0 Kudos

"In addition to promising to put the NES Classic Edition on sale again in 2018, Nintendo has also announced plans to sell it successor, the SNES Classic Edition next year.

In a press release, Nintendo wrote that “incredible demand” for the SNES Classic Edition, the company will ship more units in 2018. This is a change to Nintendo’s previous plans, which called for the SNES Classic Edition to be sold only through the end of 2017."

Truth Seeker

[ Edited ]

A certain huge toy chain has announced they will be selling the SNESC in QC... will BB counter with the same announcement?

Update:

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/09/18/nintendo-snes-classic-quebec-release/

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Many major retailer in Canada now has confirmed about this news @Togna_Bologna but no official word from Nintendo Canada but this shouldn't be long... 

Now, I would like to know @BBYTerence when would be a good / safe time to change my shipping adress?  Should I call CS instead?