Luminary
0 Kudos

Tekken 7 and Hori Fighting Sticks

I'm an old school of using the proper controllers for the right games like a steering wheel for racing games, guns for shooting and of course an arcade like joysticks for fighting. 

When I use to have friends, I had the full spectrum of toys including arcade sticks for the Nintendo system.

After two decade of not having all those toys, I finally succumb to buying Tekken 7 for the PS4 rather than Street Fighter for the Nintendo Switch.  This is because the Hori Fighting Sticks are available for the PS4 only and there is no other method of playing a fighting game. yes sure you can lean back and slouch on the couch and fight, but the proper fighting posture is leaning over a real fighting controller and pouding the buttons to transmit your fury into the on-screen character.

Of course you have to buy your Hori fighting Sticks from Best Buy for the main reason that if it doesn't feel right, you can always exchange it for the $300 version or simply get your money back.

Although I only played a few minutes of the game to check out that the buttons can be re-mapped and the game recognizes both controllers at the same time, I found the game to be pretty much unchanged from the version that I played twenty years ago. Of course there are new characters, better graphics, better fighting physics, new story mode and so on, but once you start pounding the buttons like there is no tomorrow, it is the same game that your fingers remember. 

Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: Fighting Games and Hori Fighting Sticks

So with the purchase of the Hori Fighting Sticks begats a new adventure in buying up fighting games.

This includes Dead or Alive Last Round, Street Fighter V, Mortal Kombat XL and both versions of Injustice Gods Among Us and Injustice 2.  I have yet to try all the games with the Hori Fighting Sticks but I'll have to assume that they should work as stated.

Before this, I did not know that Injustice allows you to fight with all my favorite Super Heros. There is no doubt in my mind that this collection will be quite enjoyable.

Unfortunately only the injustice series were buyable from Best Buy. Had to buy the other fighting games from the *competitor*.