Pioneer

Re: The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild Master and Special Edition pre-order

kinda weird that nintendo's site http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/games/detail/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-master-edition-swi... (click Buy Physical) indicated you would... drat...

Pioneer

Re: The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild Master and Special Edition pre-order

[ Edited ]

@BBYTerence: Just registered to say that I find it really disappointing and unacceptable that Best Buy Canada either doesn't have the business relationship and/or the buying power with Nintendo to make the Master Edition available for your customers. Especially considering it was available through BestBuy USA. This is a real let down for a company of your size that you couldn't secure this for your customers and as a result it's left to an inferior competitor whose website barely stayed online today.

One of the most storied and famous gaming franchises in gaming history and you guys aren't even really taking it seriously. Really disappointed that Best Buy dropped the ball on this. I was counting on you guys to have it and didn't put more effort into shopping with your competitor, and as a result I'm left empty handed. I won't make that mistake of putting my faith in you for important gaming purchases in the future. Would appreciate you passing that feedback up the chain.

The Oracle
0 Kudos

I think they just haven't received the info because all 3 retailers in the US have the Master & special editions and only 1 of those retailers there Canadian part has only the master edition available
Pioneer
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

No it's been confirmed Best Buy Canada " will NOT be getting the Master Edition" and does not appear to have the business relationship, buying power or confidence of Nintendo to distribute this product.

Legendary Oracle

Someone is having anger issues.....
The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Or **competitors*** just paid Nintendo a bunch of extra money to be the exclusive seller of the Master edition. Business move by ***competitor*** and Nintendo. Happens all the time with video games

The Oracle
0 Kudos

Is the Special Edition going to be available in Canada? A lot of those collector editions have a retailer exclusive wether it's Canada, US or U.K. It's not the first of this to happen.
Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Special and Master are 2 different things and BBYTerence already mentionned that Special would be available soon enough
Pioneer
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

By all accounts every retailer will have the 'special edition' and it is not going to be in short supply, making it 'special' in name only. It's not limited or collectable like the Master Edition.

BestBuy USA has the Master Edition for American customers, meanwhile Canadian BestBuy customers get the shaft and a priceless lesson on where they should and shouldn't shop when it comes to highly sought after and important editions of cherished video game franchises. Sad when the 'best buy' was with another retailer. Better luck on the next launch Zelda on the next Nintendo console in 2025 I guess.

Community Manager

Hey, everyone.

Thank you @Derpy420 for your opinions and feedback. Thank you to everyone else as well for your feedback and thoughts.

Whether positive or negative, we, the community team, value and take note of the conversations, posts, and all your feedback. We definitely pass that along to all the individuals who would benefit from knowing what's being discussed in the community. It's definitely important that they know what the people want.

Although we, the community team, aren't the ones who can answer the customer service questions, resolve issues, or make the business decisions for things such as product availability, inventory, etc., we definitely do and will pass things along to all the necessary teams to help them with their current and future decision-making.

I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm, passion, opinions, feedback, and comments, and I will pass all of this along as I always do.

Our Charge Up & Play Contest for 2017 is happening now! Enter for a chance to win Best Buy gift cards.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service matter or an inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation