wpd
Pioneer
0 Kudos

Samsung Gear S3 Delayed Release....Again !

[ Edited ]

Just received notice that the Gear S3 ( mine at least ) has been delayed until Friday. Anyone esle receive the same ? Anyone receive a shipping notice ?

Here's the notice;

Thank you for placing your order on BestBuy.ca.
We strive to delight you by ensuring that if you've pre-ordered a product with us, you will have that product in your hands by the release date. From time to time we are unable to meet our goal due to unforeseen challenges.
Unfortunately, we are currently experiencing such a challenge and you have experienced a delay in receiving your Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Smartwatch with Heart Rate Monitor . We expect this to leave our warehouse no later than November 25.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and/or frustration this may have caused. Thanks for your continued loyalty to BestBuy.ca.
If you have any further questions, please contact us directly.

Sincerely
The BestBuy.ca Team

Highlighted
Pioneer
0 Kudos

Re: Samsung Gear S3 Delayed Release....Again !

I haven't even received an email.  **bleep**.

wpd
Pioneer
0 Kudos

When did you preorder ?

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

I preorderd mine on Oct 22nd. Still waiting to get an update. 

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

I received the same notice, and called my local store.  They guy chuckled and said not to expect anything for a couple of weeks.  Hopefully the Nov 25 date stands. 

I understand this isn't all within the control of Best Buy, as Samsung is having distribution problems, but reliable date estimates would be appreciated.

For what it's worth, I can't find anywhere in Canada that you can buy it and have it picked up or shipped today.  I don't think it's a demand issue... it's Samsung.

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

I got the same email even though I pre-ordered on the 21st. It's now November 30 and still nothing. I call customer service today and they could give me no information whatsoever except that my item is not available and that they don't know when I will be getting it. How can you sell me a product and not be able to tell me when I'm going to get it? Why send an email saying the item will leave the warehouse no later than the 25 just to have it be a lie and then be unable to provide any further information? This is just unbelievable.
wpd
Pioneer
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I did receive mine on the 25th of Nov, earlier than the notice suggested ( it said it would leave the warehouse by the 25th ). This appears to be a Samsung issue but don't know whether this is a marketing initiative to gain interest or their supply chain is really a mess. Based on how they handled the Note 7 recall, I would make a judgement call that their Supply Chain is a disaster.

Good luck to those still waiting, "you'll eventually get yours" !

Scout
0 Kudos

hey guys,

which gear s3 did you pre-order? Wondering if it's a model issue (classic or frontier) that Samsung is having issues with.  Because the frontier is no longer on best buy's site.