Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Why doesn't Samsung S3 Frontier have a built-in mic

I am looking at buying the Samsung SmartWatch S3 Frontier but looking at the difference between S3 Frontier and Classic. Some of the features in Canada are different then the US. On BestBuy Canada website under specification showen for Classic it say there is a Built-in mic but there is no built-in mic for S3 Frontier Why?

What is the purpose of the built-in mic compared to the built-in speaker. I checked different specs from other sites. And the watch sold in Canada supports voice calling for the S3 Frontier. So if that is the case then it is using the built-in mic correct. Logically the built-in speaker is for listening aloud to music and audiable text messages etc.

I am just confused as to why on BestBuy Canada website is showing specs for S3 Classic says Built-in mic "Yes" and "No" for S3 Frontier. Can BestBuy please confirm if this is a typo mistake or is this correct specification for these models.

Thanks,

Irfan

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Why doesn't Samsung S3 Frontier have a built-in mic

Hey!

Welcome to the forum!

That is a good question you have asked regarding the specs for the Samsung S3 Frontier. 

This is a peer-to-peer forum, so the individuals responsible for product content (in this case the specs) don't participate or monitor the forum. I have passed along your inquiry. They most likely won't be able to provide an instantaneous answer., but once I hear back, I'll be sure to post on this thread. 

Thanks!

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service issue, complaint, problem with your bestbuy.ca account, or inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Why doesn't Samsung S3 Frontier have a built-in mic

I was able to get a quick answer from the team that handles that product. They reached out to the vendor, and the vendor has confirmed that both have a mic.

This has been flagged, and I'm sure someone will be updating the specs with the correct info.

FYI: Thanks for posting on the forum. For those who are not aware, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The majority of posts on here are from members of the peer-to-peer community made up of other customers and forum participants. They provide great peer-to-peer advice and feedback. If you have a customer service issue, complaint, problem with your bestbuy.ca account, or inquiry about an order, please call customer service at 1-866-237-8289 to have your matter addressed.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation